Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduled Streaming
The only reason I'm making note of this is that Meluist and I have an overlapping schedule of stream times. A part of me doesn't want to stream during that time so Meluist can get the focus of viewers, though I don't believe we're in direct competition with each other since we both tend to play different style of games during our stream times. I'm looking at maybe changing a few scheduled times I have that would be more in line with what I already have established. I think I should maybe push back the Thursday time slot to 5 - 7 am (est) so it can lead into Meluist stream starting at 7 am(est)? Maybe I can pick up a Saturday morning like my Sunday to cover both weekend days. Though I think this comes down to more of what I want to do, but at the same time I like to hear opinions of my peers to see if there's an option that would be feasible that I'm overlooking.
(25-07-2016, 01:38)Hydrothermia Wrote: The only reason I'm making note of this is that Meluist and I have an overlapping schedule of stream times. A part of me doesn't want to stream during that time so Meluist can get the focus of viewers, though I don't believe we're in direct competition with each other since we both tend to play different style of games during our stream times. I'm looking at maybe changing a few scheduled times I have that would be more in line with what I already have established. I think I should maybe push back the Thursday time slot to 5 - 7 am (est) so it can lead into Meluist stream starting at 7 am(est)? Maybe I can pick up a Saturday morning like my Sunday to cover both weekend days. Though I think this comes down to more of what I want to do, but at the same time I like to hear opinions of my peers to see if there's an option that would be feasible that I'm overlooking.

I think we should all have our own schedules, as it's easier to build our own core groups, and then cross-host.

I mean, yeah, you're competing with Meluist, but she's got her own group, and objectively, if I accommodated Jaarka and Zorvax, I'd have an inopportune window of 3-8... so I'm just going to keep doing me, and toss hosting and shoutouts and go from there. Big Grin
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
(25-07-2016, 02:27)RotorbladeSmoke Wrote: I think we should all have our own schedules, as it's easier to build our own core groups, and then cross-host.

I mean, yeah, you're competing with Meluist, but she's got her own group, and objectively, if I accommodated Jaarka and Zorvax, I'd have an inopportune window of 3-8... so I'm just going to keep doing me, and toss hosting and shoutouts and go from there. Big Grin

Absolutely agree with Rotor. There are many of us already who stream at the same time, and it'll only happen more as we grow. I don't see it really as direct competition, as people will lean towards one stream or another depending on a variety of factors. Most of us stream at the time we do because it's the ONLY time we can. Just make sure we support each other and toss those hosts when we go offline!
I do not have much to add really other than to agree with the others have said, stream when it is good for you, not to avoid the rest of us.

M.
I agree with everything already stated. The only thing I'd like to add is that as we all grow and keep those hosts/shout-outs going we can all grow together. It isn't unheard of for someone to watch more than one stream at once, and with resources such as multitwitch, it's even easier. Shouldn't be too much of a problem!