Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stream Team Building, Support, Etc.
Good morning, TeamFXYZ!

We've had a great couple of weeks, seen a lot of new faces, relaunched PubNight to great success, and have generally been on a great roll. I say we let that snowball build until we can crush the competition! (Or, yanno, just carve out our little section of awesome people!)

RotorbladeSmoke has an amazing suggestion for supporting small streamers, charity events, and generally making us the "good guys" of the streaming world. Go check out his thread. Now!

While watching some of the bigger streamers, I've stumbled across some things that they do that might be great goals for us to establish for ourselves. I'm not saying these are things that need to happen NOW, but having our sights set on the horizon can't hurt, right?

Main Menu Live is a streaming team that has put together a great, accessible website with quick access to Tweets, stream links, "who's live," and even a Chrome extension for the team(!)... pretty impressive stuff! An example of a singular streamer's website (someone on that team, just for consistency) would be tehMorag's Unplayed.tv site. It has Twitch integration, including live status, sub button, and links to all of his sub perks, etc. It's simple, effective, and offers a lot of great info with only a few clicks.

Some of us have built/used/abandoned websites over the years, but I feel like this is the first great push into the Twitch marketplace we've accomplished. With the new streamers joining the team, the growth of the community, and the consistently energetic and hungry attitudes I, for one, really think we're going places! Having a discussion/brain-storming session on continued growth and exposure is the way to go... so discuss!
Sounds great! Keeping the snowball rolling is definitely what you gotta do to survive or at least progress quicker.
And giving everyone a good amount of resources to stream themselves even if it's all new to them is the unity and caring community everyone always loves to join!

Keep up the good work Smile
TJ Cool
(23-07-2016, 14:19)Jaarka Wrote: ...charity events, and generally making us the "good guys" of the streaming world....
Personally I'm for doing charity events especially to organizations like Take This and National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. I'm not going into exact reasons as to why I'm particular to these, but I understand if there is a chance this can save someones life it's well worth it. I've already made the proper links on my stream for these guys with their specific logo/banner.
The Main Menu site is amazing, and I think something like that would be a great asset for us. I personally have 0 technical knowledge about web design, so I'm not sure how hard all that would be to do though.

I'm absolutely loving being part of the team, and I can't wait to get to know everyone better. I feel like everyone really has the same goals in mind, and genuinely wants to help raise each other up as high as possible.

The team Twitter is definitely a great start, and we should try to promote that as much as we can to our viewers. And make sure you guys are tweeting when you go live, you may only have 5 or 10 or 20 followers but those of us with more will retweet you!! The more cross-exposure we can give to the team the better!
I know Bystander does Web Development so I'll ask him about it =)
"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"
(26-07-2016, 13:38)HidYn Wrote: I know Bystander does Web Development so I'll ask him about it =)

He mentioned that on Discord as well. Might be worth looking into! We have varied backgrounds and are each a resource in our own rights.
Hey guys!

Regarding the team Twitter account, I have a bot set up that will make @TeamFXYZ retweet any tweets that include #TeamFXYZ from the stream team. This is to help all members of the team get tweets they specifically want retweeted, as well as spread team awareness. This will only work for people who have been added to the TeamFXYZ list (to prevent unauthorized people getting retweets), so if you need to be added please let me know.

And of course if you haven't made a Twitter account and followed @TeamFXYZ and the team members, make sure you do! Twitter is an amazing networking resource for us and the more we can spread the word the better!
(05-08-2016, 15:51)Zorvax Wrote: Hey guys!

Regarding the team Twitter account, I have a bot set up that will make @TeamFXYZ retweet any tweets that include #TeamFXYZ from the stream team. This is to help all members of the team get tweets they specifically want retweeted, as well as spread team awareness. This will only work for people who have been added to the TeamFXYZ list (to prevent unauthorized people getting retweets), so if you need to be added please let me know.

And of course if you haven't made a Twitter account and followed @TeamFXYZ and the team members, make sure you do! Twitter is an amazing networking resource for us and the more we can spread the word the better!

The man is you.
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
(05-08-2016, 15:51)Zorvax Wrote: Hey guys!

Brilliant Zorvax <3
"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"
Hey, TeamFXYZ Streamers....

If you have ANY ideas/suggestions/crazy thoughts that you'd like to contribute to the discussion on building/growing the stream PLEASE POST IT HERE! I've been chatting with a few of you who are nervous about "overstepping" being new members or whatever... you literally CANNOT overstep if you're trying to help grow and improve our crew! What's the worst that'll happen? Maybe we don't go with your suggestion... but maybe we DO and we're MORE AWESOME because of it!

Seriously, post your ideas. We don't bite... hard. Unless you want us to. Big Grin