Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wii U players out there?
Hey guys! My wife and I are both pretty regular Wii U players, and I was curious to see if there was anyone else out there - maybe exchange Nintendo IDs!

We play Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X and some others as well. Looking at streaming some in the future as well!
(13-07-2016, 20:02)Zorvax Wrote: Hey guys! My wife and I are both pretty regular Wii U players, and I was curious to see if there was anyone else out there - maybe exchange Nintendo IDs!

We play Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X and some others as well. Looking at streaming some in the future as well!

I'll have to find my ID later, I've never MP'ed on the WiiU
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
(13-07-2016, 22:24)Switch Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 20:02)Zorvax Wrote: Hey guys! My wife and I are both pretty regular Wii U players, and I was curious to see if there was anyone else out there - maybe exchange Nintendo IDs!

I'll have to find my ID later, I've never MP'ed on the WiiU

I THINK mine is Tdarkone. I've never played multiplayer with friends either because, well, no one I know has a Wii U lol. It'd be cool to have people to play with for once!
I just got one earlier this year. Don't have any of the other games you mentioned but I have Splatoon and I also have Smash Bros, Pokken Tournament and Tekken Tag 2 as far as multiplayer games go. My ID is Meltydude
Honestly I had the Wii and even with my technological expertise, I don't understand the Wii U. Maybe I need to check out some YouTube videos hahaha Big Grin but we've an 8yr old girl under our wing and we're seeking something the whole family can enjoy. I know the Wii had that history and I enjoyed the heck out of it! Would the Wii U be a good fit?
(14-07-2016, 14:29)gothiqvanity Wrote: Honestly I had the Wii and even with my technological expertise, I don't understand the Wii U. Maybe I need to check out some YouTube videos hahaha Big Grin but we've an 8yr old girl under our wing and we're seeking something the whole family can enjoy. I know the Wii had that history and I enjoyed the heck out of it! Would the Wii U be a good fit?

As always Nintendo is big on being a "family friendly" console. Most of the games are very family/kid friendly, and the system is very simple to use. For one, it's not all about the motion controls like the Wii was - they're still there and a part of certain game, but it's not the core focus. 

The gamepad is actually a really cool addition, and most games can be played directly on the pads screen. It has it's own built in speakers as well as a headphone jack also, so someone can play without needing to hog the TV. A lot of games also have "extra" features that the game pad can make use of, like an interactive map, hotkeys, etc. Also almost all of the Wii controllers/games work on the Wii U, and they have a nifty "pro" controller that's very similar to an Xbox controller.

And of course the Nintendo games are awesome as always. Super Mario Bros U/3D World/Kart 8, Yoshi's wooly world, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, New Zelda game on the way, the list goes on. Splatoon is a really fun family friendly "shooter" game. The eShop is filled with tons of classic NES/SNES/GBA games and they're starting to add N64 games slowly as well.

The biggest downside is the lack of 3rd party support for the system. You won't find most of the new AAA titles on the Wii U, which is the biggest deal breaker for most people. Also, Nintendo is making their new "NX" system but there isn't a whole lot of info about it right now, so it might be worth holding off for that.
All over the Wii U! Will boot it up and find my ID for you guys tomorrow!
"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"