Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolve Stage 2
So apparently Evolve is going free to play!

Quote:Starting today you can play Evolve completely FREE on PC via Steam. Introducing, Evolve Stage 2!

Evolve has been completely overhauled on PC with new game design, gameplay mechanics, and improved gameplay balance and system performance. All of the content in Evolve, including all the content released following its launch, is unlockable in Evolve Stage 2 completely free simply by playing the game.

I never picked up the game, but I heard that they've made a lot of improvements. Anyone out there play already, or that would like to play the free to play version?
Akamaz and I played this a fair bit when it first came out, and we really enjoyed it! We eventually moved on to other things because we didn't have enough people playing it with us, and we'd rather play more with our friends... so a F2P transition is perfect to get some more people interested!

Would love to add this to the list of possible fxyz game night titles. Who'd be interested?
(08-07-2016, 19:17)Jaarka Wrote: Akamaz and I played this a fair bit when it first came out, and we really enjoyed it! We eventually moved on to other things because we didn't have enough people playing it with us, and we'd rather play more with our friends... so a F2P transition is perfect to get some more people interested!

Would love to add this to the list of possible fxyz game night titles. Who'd be interested?

I'd definitely be interested! I debating buying it forever so now that it's free I want to jump into it - I'd love to play with the community!  Heart
Super happy to jump in on this!
"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"
I'LL BE UP FOR IT.
(13-07-2016, 23:33)Akamaz Wrote: I'LL BE UP FOR IT.

Maz's two defining characteristics for me are now nudity and capslock Big Grin
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
(13-07-2016, 23:59)Switch Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 23:33)Akamaz Wrote: I'LL BE UP FOR IT.

Maz's two defining characteristics for me are now nudity and capslock Big Grin

MONSTERS! EXPLOSIONS!! LOUD NOISES!!! WOOHOO!!!!
sorry about the capslock. the software at work here won't recognize lower case so i just keep it on
I agree that we should make time to stream this, however I believe we'd need five people for this. I think it's random who becomes the monster, so depending on who would want to watch the team or the monster in same game. I wonder if we could have multiple streams feeding into the fragged channel on one screen so you have all five players on one screen. Might be something not possible, but it's an idea.
(17-07-2016, 07:39)Hydrothermia Wrote: I agree that we should make time to stream this, however I believe we'd need five people for this. I think it's random who becomes the monster, so depending on who would want to watch the team or the monster in same game. I wonder if we could have multiple streams feeding into the fragged channel on one screen so you have all five players on one screen. Might be something not possible, but it's an idea.

That would take a 6th streamer capping the 5 streamers and putting on their own show with that. Could work for commentary and stuff, but it's a bit tougher to manage with everyone being so far apart.

Also, I think that if you do a custom game with friends then someone can pick the monster as their class. Or at least set it as their preference. That's how it USED to work, anyway.