Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Solocial - Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
(06-07-2016, 17:22)Switch Wrote: First major lesson learned, how to use the battle system for my advantage.

So, today was productive!

https://secure.twitch.tv/rotorbladesmoke/v/76563139

That was really fun to watch! Sorry that you had so much trouble with it, but didn't it feel great when you finally overcame that bastard?!

The section took a bit longer than I anticipated today, and I missed my lunch altogether by about 2 hours! o.o But, in the end we survived the Tower of Ishal, recruited Barkspawn, and arrived safely-ish in Lothering. What did you think about this leg? Have you been past here before?
(06-07-2016, 20:32)Jaarka Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 17:22)Switch Wrote: First major lesson learned, how to use the battle system for my advantage.

So, today was productive!

https://secure.twitch.tv/rotorbladesmoke/v/76563139

That was really fun to watch! Sorry that you had so much trouble with it, but didn't it feel great when you finally overcame that bastard?!

The section took a bit longer than I anticipated today, and I missed my lunch altogether by about 2 hours! o.o But, in the end we survived the Tower of Ishal, recruited Barkspawn, and arrived safely-ish in Lothering. What did you think about this leg? Have you been past here before?

I didn't go back to Ostagar yet, I'll have to do that and get my dog. I think I saved right after Morrigan entered my party.

I don't hate it, but as the first iteration of every BioWare game, it's super refined and incredibly nuanced, which inevitably get massively streamlined in its sequels. So I'm looking at these numerous mechanics and thinking "I Bet you aren't even in DA2" and giving some things, like Battle Tactics, a passing concern.
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
You aren't wrong. DA2 streamlines a LOT of stuff and is more of an ARPG because of it. It still requires some management of your team, but not nearly to the chess-levels that the first one does. Inquisition is more of a third person game with NPC support, much less management required (but still doable for sure).
Just want to say I'm loving this series so far! Brilliant
"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"
Went a little "off the rails" today and opted to only do two of the three scheduled DLCs, leaving Return to Ostagar until a more story-appropriate time. Also, the rewards scale, and my little Dwarf wants them to be a little stronger when he gets them.

....whaaaaaat?! >.>
The main post is updated through today so far: all video replays are available as well as today's ending point. Only THREE more sessions (including today) until we finish the basic game of Origins. Been one heck of a ride so far, and the drama won't stop until the credits roll... so let's keep trucking!

How's everyone enjoying their playthroughs? Anything you're loving/hating about the game and the story so far?