Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MtG] EDH/Commander Saturday Playgroup
[Image: Magic-Commander-2013-Web.jpg]

Greetings to all of you experienced Highlanders or Commanders-in-Training! Whether you are a tried-and-true deck brewer or you don't even know what a Magic card is, this is your official invitation to the fxyz weekly Commander playgroup! 

We are welcoming to all, and actively looking to increase our player pool on a weekly basis. The only things that are required are the desire to learn and play in a friendly, social environment with your fellow Fraggers and a free program download. Let's get down to the specifics:

When? Every Saturday evening, roughly beginning around 9pm US Central Time (Currently GMT -6 with DTS)
What do you need? A free program called Cockatrice, and a free account with which to log in
Do I need a deck? If you know how to build one or wish to build your own, sure! If not, we have several pre-constructed decks that are easy to pick up and learn!

If you're interested, please post here and I'll get you some more information. Feel free to ask questions!
Just added! Card linking and tooltips via DeckBox.org using the [*mtg]card name here[*/mtg] command (without the *, used only to show the command line).

Example:
You could enact a little [mtg]Blatant Thievery[/mtg] and jack a tooltip for [mtg]Pirate Ship[/mtg]!

It's as simple as that!
[mtg]Bad Ass[/mtg]!
Unfortunately, only two of us could make it tonight, so we ended up calling it. If there is an evening that works out better for more people, I'm absolutely willing to reschedule for a different day. Let me know what you think!
Anyone interested in joining this week? I've been working on a new deck (or two.. I like to brew!) and would love a group of 3-4 of us to play.
We really need to get this going again.. *pokes the forums*
(29-06-2016, 22:18)Icy Wrote: We really need to get this going again.. *pokes the forums*

I completely agree with this. Is Saturday still a decent day for folks? Or would a weeknight work better? 

Trying to find an evening block where people can stick around for a game or two without ruining work and family schedules is the biggest hurdle, but I have faith that we can do it!
i vote for weeknight, becasue my weekends are free and i want to game with you guys on something i like doing hahahah
(30-06-2016, 21:12)Akamaz Wrote: i vote for weeknight, becasue my weekends are free and i want to game with you guys on something i like doing hahahah

This brings up a conversation that I've been thinking about myself: would it be better to group the "Commander Night" in with a general "Tabletop Night?" It could be a rotating series of games, and might encourage people to check it out more often. Maybe you really LOVE the nights we play Betrayal and the Game of Life, but Magic isn't as much your thing? Might encourage you to still hang out on Magic night because it's about the hanging out more than the game. I dunno... thoughts?

Also, we play Commander the free way... so there's zero buy-in cost!
I WANT TO PLAY BETRAYAL, OR JACKBOX IT'S BEEN FAR TOO LONG