Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your VR experience?
I started off trying Cardboard after all the Google hype and was blown away riding a Roller Coaster and then terrified when thrust into the world of Sisters.

I've since upgraded to the Samsung Gear VR and it's a marked improvement. It uses the Oculus Store and it's a pretty nice experience. Watching Netflix on it is amazing and really feels like you are in some cabin in the Alps with a huge 80" TV sitting in front of you. I've even watched friends try and pick up the TV Remote sitting on the couch in the VR room.
You can if you try spot individual pixels but after 5 minutes of watching you are fully immersed and don't really notice them.
I've yet to have a friend or family member wear the Gear VR and not had an opened mouthed reaction when the Dinosaur in Jurassic World comes close to them. My grandparents were totally blown away and loved it. All of them agree it's the future.

I've got a HTC Vive on pre-order which is due to ship in April.

I'm sure I'll be streaming it and I'll keep you updated.
"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"
It's all amazing, we should post a thread of photos etc of reactions if we can!
Not to sound dense... but what would be the point of streaming VR stuff? If your audience doesn't have the equipment, how's it really work?
With the vive you can get a flat image to stream not the double image. Also I used to watch an elite dangerous stream that someone was using dk2 with and it was cool as you could see how much more immersed he was. You can also do some really cool mixed reality stuff with a green screen and the game footage where it looks like your in the world.

This is one of my favourite Mixed Reality examples =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
I rented a Virtual Boy once.
(31-03-2016, 14:52)SilentChain Wrote: With the vive you can get a flat image to stream not the double image. Also I used to watch an elite dangerous stream that someone was using dk2 with and it was cool as you could see how much more immersed he was. You can also do some really cool mixed reality stuff with a green screen and the game footage where it looks like your in the world.

Legit LOVE this game! And to think the games that HidYn will make me endure instead!!!

(31-03-2016, 15:01)HidYn Wrote: This is one of my favourite Mixed Reality examples =)

(What on earth is she wearing??)
I'm all for VR and was going to buy all units, but I've just read this article about the rift which means I'm never purchasing one . Basically the software your forced to install to use the rift is always on constantly reporting back to facebook and 3rd parties and "related companies" what every that means. As with most companies oculus's privacy policies is very loose in terms what data will be collected and how it will be used. So that means I'm sticking with cardboard, vive and PSVR for my head mounted adventures in other worlds for the future.
Nothing surprises me when Facebook is involved.