Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
[Image: heroic-legend-of-arslan.jpg]
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Seasons: 1 (25 Episodes)
FUNimation, 2015-

From the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist. From the director of Yu Yu Hakusho. Based on a popular shonen manga.

Story
In the kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a powerful city ruled by the fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan, the 14-year-old prince of Pars, is a green ruler and lacks the fierce leadership skills possessed by his father. After his father falls victim to a treacherous plot headed by one of his most trusted comrades, the kingdom of Pars falls in the war with the neighboring nation of Lusitania. Narrowly escaping with his life, Arslan must embark on a journey to reclaim the fallen kingdom and fulfill his destiny as ruler of Pars.

Having just finished this, I had to post something and share it with the fxyz crew - it was SO AWESOME. I stumbled upon this amazing story via Steam of all places! The most recent "Warriors" game to be released was a new one called "Arslan and the Heroes of Light" that features online co-op, something that I've been pining for. However, it was based off of an anime I had never heard of "The Heroic Legend of Arslan," a Japanese Manga-turned-anime. As the game is relatively new, the price is a bit out of my normal range, so I decided to do some research into the source material while waiting for the price to come down.

A few searches led to the anime, which is recent and available at the links above on FUNimation and Hulu. Many reviews of the game suggested reading/watching to know the story and characters beforehand in order to more fully enjoy the story and battles of the game itself. So I started watching and immediately became hooked! The characters are engaging, the story is filled with social commentary, and it even tackles such topics as slavery and religious crusades.

Now that I'm done with Season 1, I had to look up the chance of a Season 2... which I'm happy to say is slated to be released (tentatively) in Winter of 2016. Awesome! Also, there are many Manga novels that this is inspired by, dating all the way back to 1984. I'll probably dig into those next.

If you're an anime fan, check this one out. I was blown away. Then, when you're done, let's all play Arslan and the Heroes of Light together! Win-Win!
I would just like to point out that it actually started out as a regular novel series (Illustrated by Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano) and the current Hiromu Arakawa manga adaptation is available to read on Crunchyroll if you have a sub there.
(20-04-2016, 04:28)Melty Wrote: I would just like to point out that it actually started out as a regular novel series (Illustrated by Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano) and the current Hiromu Arakawa manga adaptation is available to read on Crunchyroll if you have a sub there.

SWEET! I'll probably try to read the books first, but after that I'm pretty sure I have a buddy with a Crunchyroll sub... so I may have to take advantage of that too.