Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Miss City of Heroes
The first MMO I ever played was a wonderful game called City of Heroes, It was the first time I experienced a world that was terrifying when your character was low level. The Hollows was the first zone I remember vividly all the police presence and yet you still felt totally in trouble. I've never played a game since that captures how powerful it makes you feel with every new ability learned. The first time you get the lowly Hover ability and feel bad-ass moving at a snails pace over much higher level enemies, until you get a little too close and are suddenly one shot out of the sky!

I remember Independence Port the first time you heard the rumor of a Giant Monster attacking the area and feeling totally helpless against it until slowly but surly the number of people trying to take it on grew into double figures and you could finally see it's health trickling down. There was also the Ghost Ship which traveled through the zone dropping off Spectral Passengers at random times which added to the incredible atmosphere. The lore was also huge and detailed with memroble characters like The Clockwork King and his mechanical abomination Babbage.

What are your favorite memories of this underrated game? - IceWarm L50 Blaster (Defiant)
"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"
My favorite time was at the end of the City of Villains beta when devs came on as some of the characters and you could fight them. Oh, and attending the panel at the first PAX East was pretty awesome too.
(14-09-2016, 12:15)HidYn Wrote: The first MMO I ever played was a wonderful game called City of Heroes, It was the first time I experienced a world that was terrifying when your character was low level. The Hollows was the first zone I remember vividly all the police presence and yet you still felt totally in trouble. I've never played a game since that captures how powerful it makes you feel with every new ability learned. The first time you get the lowly Hover ability and feel bad-ass moving at a snails pace over much higher level enemies, until you get a little too close and are suddenly one shot out of the sky!

I remember Independence Port the first time you heard the rumor of a Giant Monster attacking the area and feeling totally helpless against it until slowly but surly the number of people trying to take it on grew into double figures and you could finally see it's health trickling down. There was also the Ghost Ship which traveled through the zone dropping off Spectral Passengers at random times which added to the incredible atmosphere. The lore was also huge and detailed with memroble characters like The Clockwork King and his mechanical abomination Babbage.

What are your favorite memories of this underrated game? - IceWarm L50 Blaster (Defiant)

After 7.5 years invested in this game, from Issue 3 to the sunset, this game defined my life and got me a wife.

Best memory, probably working out an IO'd build on my Electric Armor/Kinetic Melee tanker to be the alpha tank in every TF, Trial, and Incarnate Trial. I was a god. I don't say that lightly. Mastering Dominators, probably my best overall achievement.

7.5 years, numerous friends for life, and something like 24 level 50s later.

Here's a facebook album with descriptions of everyone.

I miss community roleplay and storytelling.
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
I love it! I miss CoH every day. Most of the American folks in FXYZ met through CoH during its heyday. The Defenders of Paragon was the ultimate "guild" with folks of all kinds, backgrounds, and play styles, coming together in wonderful ways.

I loved that Dev Event as well, Melty. A highlight of my experience. I also have a folder of screenshots from a glitch that turned everything into 5th Council soldiers... from lowly grunts to Statesman himself. So funny!

I miss my Archery Blaster (Silver Sharpshot) and my Illusion/Empathy Jaarka.
I love the game. I didn't play it when it was sub based but I really dove into it when it became f2p. It was quite fun and I enjoyed it. This was before I got into roleplay in MMOs. I can only imagine how fun that was.
[Image: Lupine20.png]
[Image: psy_beetle_by_graver13.jpg]

I miss it all the god damn time, I have so much artwork for my characters and I still want more. It felt awesome to be a super hero and get little comic shots done later down the line. Task Forces, all the fun team ups, DJing in Pocket D, so many things. I wish I could just go back and fly Psy-Beetle around, I miss the city.
[Image: fraggedicy_zpshrragtol.jpg]
I loved CoH, I loved how peoples characters could show up in the coh comic book. I loved working for President SK as Agent Q, and It's the game where I created Dancer (my least played in game most RP'd character.) Soo many Friends like President SK, Pirate Hollis, Alumette, Malibu Sally, The Widowed, Quake, Rottweiler, Poison, and of course Icy and Jaarka. So many memories DJ'ing the Paragon Knights Beach Bash for Radio FTW (formerly Radio Guru) Tuesday Night Tussles (themed costume deathmatch with level 2 characters.

Most of my in game stuff was with Widdy/Bloodywedd and Malice in Wonderland. I had a major case of Alt-itis though and never stuck with one long enough to get to 50. Agent Q my possessed 3-d (dark/dark defender) secret service agent, Akamaz my Brutey Warwolf, Shadowdancer/Odoriko Kage (Multiple Personality Double agent Claws/Regen Scrapper/Assassin) Super Enhanced Automated, Mechanical Uber System (S.E.A.M.U.S Robot/Gravity Mastermind) 73h 1337 5p34I<1/\/6 /\/\457312 /\/\1/\/l).

You all know, Champions online is still available if we wanna get our superheroing on.