Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Console Nostalgia Day
After watching a number of you boot up various Pokemon games. I figured I'd try my hand at something similar, but different. I rummaged around websites for emulators and roms of games I played long before I ever owned a PC.  I also found a few games that I wanted to play that never made it over the Pacific. So I'm dedicating one of my streaming days as a "Console Nostalgia Day" where I play games of my yesteryear and reminisce trying to relearn the games I once played. I'm expecting a lot of death and failure at the hands of AI I once dominated.

Wednesdays 8:30 - 10:00 AM EST is the day that I will begin to do this.
Games currently in queue to play:
  • Cyber Stadium Series: Base Wars (1991, NES) - Have not acquired yet.
  • MechWarrior (1993, SNES) - Never played.
  • MechWarrior 3050 (1995, SNES)
  • Front Mission (1995, JP, SNES) - Never played, no US release.
  • Gundam Wing - Endless Duel (1999, JP, SNES) - Never played, no US release.
  • Gundam Side Story 0079 (2000, Dreamcast)
  • Armored Core 2: Another Age (2001, PS2)
  • Armored Core 3: Silent Line (2003, PS2)
Yeah, there's a bit of a theme going on here, specifically the Mecha genre. My love for giant robots goes back to the days of the cartoon(anime) series Transformers in the early 1980's and the subsequent movie only cemented that following. Then the consoles started to take over my thirst for mechas with Base Wars, literally a baseball game with robot players. I believe the rest is history since my current go to is MechWarrior Online and the new MechWarrior title that is slated for next year which I put money on for its Kickstarter.