Private
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public or Private
Sorry I'm late the party in laying out my feelings on the matter but when it comes to private forums in the past I have never seen a reason to join them, the only private forums I've ever been part of are closed alpha/beta forums. Just as Ren pointed out there isn't much point upgrading to a forum from hangouts if the reason to make it private is to police membership. From its inception back in 2011 the reasoning for the community was to find more like minded gamers to have a group you could rely on for MP or just have a bit of bants with. The community’s original tag line being by gamers for gamers, promoting it’s self of being a welcoming open community. With a locked down forum you end up giving the opposite impression that it isn't welcoming or open and is quite elitist. I'm fine with locking the forum down a bit more say by having areas that you have to of made so many posts before being able to create a thread or post on some threads. But believe it is counterproductive from a promotion stand point to make areas of the main forum unavailable.
These kinds of forums are regularly attackable by bots and spammers. Registration is one less headache as a solution. I'd go partial private, with a members secton and a public section. Make registration optional.
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
(03-04-2016, 02:43)Switch Wrote: These kinds of forums are regularly attackable by bots and spammers. Registration is one less headache as a solution. I'd go partial private, with a members secton and a public section. Make registration optional.

I suffered with this on my own site last year but it's relatively easy to find add-ons that counter this for you.

Hey Everyone. I personally feel we should keep the forum as public as we as a community want to show we are open and welcoming to new people. I have seen the pros and cons with both types personally but still feel that for this community we should be public. Sorry for being late with my two cents.
Never too late to chip in!
Are we public yet? hehe