Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Game Beaten?
The retro section seems so lonely and I know I can't be the only one who loves the classics, so what is the hardest game you've ever beaten on the NES, SNES, or SEGA?  Even if it's not necessarily a "hard" game to everyone else that's totally fine!  Name something you considered difficult when struggling through and then felt greatly accomplished once you finally beat it.

For me I have to go with Silver Surfer or Ninja Gaiden 3 on NES.  I've pumped tons of hours into both, but the moment I beat them.....IT....FELT....AWESOME!  There's just something about finally beating a game you've try to beat for ages and it started to seem like you couldn't, then one day, BAM it happens.

Share some stories.
Post more to retro.
Don't forget the oldies!
Back in the day I struggled with Rygar on the NES but man was it a good feeling when I beat it! Love that game and the music!

"If It Ain't Broke, Fix It Anyway!"
Ducktales. OMFG that game.
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
Ghosts n' Goblins on NES, and I don't think I ever truly "beat it" since you have to play it over again after the final boss. I don't think I could beat it again if I tried!
OH! I beat Bubble Bobble as a kid on the NES, and even got the Crystal Ball in level 99 and opened the Secret Road to the true ending! Beat that 100%!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVkDp67Yuo
Anything's a double entendre if you push hard enough. So I gave it to her.
I remember feeling pretty badass when I beat the first level of Gradius 3. That counts right?

.....guys?
(21-07-2016, 17:57)Jaarka Wrote: I remember feeling pretty badass when I beat the first level of Gradius 3. That counts right?

.....guys?

It can count for you, Gradius 3 is a great game!  If you've really only done the first level I say go back and try to get farther some day.  SUPER good game.
Sounds like I've found my retro game to play on stream! *fistpump*